Thursday, March 19, 2020

Spring break wishes

Hi Room 20 Students,

Don’t worry, this blog post isn’t about assignments. My only assignment for you right now is to enjoy spring break, even though it will be a bit different this year. I just want you to know that I’m thinking about you. This week was very strange. I don’t like being in our classroom all day without you (I actually spent most of this week downstairs so I didn’t have to be up there alone). Nothing is the same without you there. I’m in the middle of reading your stories right now and it’s nice to be able to hear your voices through your writing.

One thing I’ve thought about many times in the past few days is how grateful I am that we were at outdoor school last week. So many grade six classes will not get that experience now, but we did, and I’m so glad. I hope you made memories that you will carry with you forever; I know I did.

CBE staff have been working hard this week to figure out what school will look like for us while we can’t be together. We’ll all learn more after spring break. It’ll be different and maybe a little scary, but we’ll figure it out together.

I miss you and I hope you’re all healthy and doing okay with all the changes happening right now. I’m just an email away any time you want to chat.

Love, Ms. Winston

No comments:

Post a Comment